AfriCAN Code Challenge
The AfriCAN Code Challenge is an exciting pan-African competition that invites youth aged 8-16 years to program a Scratch game aligned to the ‘protecting life togeather‘ theme. Participants are invited to compete individually or in teams of up to five people to test students’ ability to write basic code using the Scratch language and to show their level of competence in a 2-3 min video which is reviewed by a panel of judges.
- Open to students aged 8-16 years in South Africa
- You can compete as an individual or as a team
- Your mission is to program a Scratch collaborative game on the following theme:Protecting life together
- They will submit a 3-min YouTube video presenting their game concept. This is what you will be judged on
Register here: https://bit.ly/siy2022
- A teacher, adult supervisor or code club volunteer needs to initially register the team. No external coaching will be allowed
- Teams can register at any time so long as they feel they can complete the task by the submission deadline set for their country by the ambassador
- The game MUST be coded with Scratch
- Video is 3 minutes max! Any video that exceeds this limit will have points deducted
- Winner / winning team needs to be available for an online prize giving ceremony to be held in the team’s local community.
- Winners / winning teams in each country automatically agree to compete in the Africa-wide competition